Meredith Corporation - solid place to work | Glassdoor

"solid place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Editor
Current Employee - Senior Editor

Pros

Meredith Corp is generally an open, family-friendly work atmosphere (although that would vary magazine to magazine). They care most about the finished product, not any kind of fancy image like some other publishers.

Cons

Some of the magazine management transition was rough and rocky but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Better communication between the home office in Des Moines and mid-level employees in NYC would be helpful.

Other Employee Reviews for Meredith Corporation

1. "A company with great benefits but lacking in compensation and diversity."

Current Employee - News
    Current Employee - News

Pros

The company has been around a long time and has weathered tough economic times before. It will make through again.

Cons

If you are not on the Des Moines campus, it is just not the same. After visiting the campus for some training, I really got a warm, mid-western, fuzzy feeling inside and was proud to work for the company. It was only temporary. After going back to the station, it just didn't translate.

Advice to Management

Great job with Health and Wellness initiatives. It is very encouraging to see them care about your health. I know it saves them money in the long run to have healthy employees, but you do get a sense that they really care. Especially with the amount of programs and incentives offered. Working at a southern station is nothing compared to the rest of the company. In the area of diversity it is horrible. Diversity training would be welcome in the South! It is truly shocking some of the things top management will do and say. Just because they are 'old school' doesn't make it ok!

2. "Middle of the Road"

I have been working at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. My department pays well. My department has flexible hours.

Cons

We have mandatory overtime to make our money instead of a nice raise each year. Deadlines have to be met but we have to make up the time because of other departments being late. Working with the NY side of our business is not a pleasure.

Advice to Management

Share what is going on in the company. We know when something is up...just go ahead and tell us. We can tell when you keeping secrets.