Meredith Corporation - Everyone at Meredith is extremely helpful, and pleasant to work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meredith Corporation

"Everyone at Meredith is extremely helpful, and pleasant to work with."

Former Employee - New Media and Marketing Web Production Contractor in Des Moines, IA

Pros

-Meredith Corporation has an extremely Professional, yet relaxed working environment. As long as you complete your work, and do so properly, you will be valued as an employee. You will gain cosistent feedback from experienced managers or supervisors. All of your fellow colleagues will be more than willing to provide help whenever needed, and never look down on you for asking questions. the best advice I can give to anyone who hopes to work their is to be assertive and ambitious. Once you complete your personal objectives, ask for more work to do. In the 8 months I worked there, I was given a promotion because of my willingness to take on any projects necessary. If you are willing to put in the effort, you can gain a lot of valuable experience from Meredith.

Cons

I was an intern so the pay was a little below what I hoped it would be.

Other Employee Reviews for Meredith Corporation

1. "Overall, not the best place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Good benefits, very comfortable pay range, beautiful building with interesting history.

Cons

Employees are not appreciated and overworked. Hiring and promotions are based on educational level; work experience is not taken into consideration. Poor training, lack of communication between managerial personnel and subordinates. Management is more interested in office politics rather than in leadership and guidance. Employee's initiative is punishable.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Mostly okay."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The people are nice with a smaller amount of drama, compared to other publishers. For a large part of my career here, There was (at least) a semblance of listening to those of us in the creative/editorial trenches. Okay pay. And, for freelance work, they're pretty quick with payment, compared with similar publishers. There has also been a recent drive to update technology, as the company has been behind the big boys for years. Also, most of the creative/art people I work with (especially with those in their HQ in Des Moines) are very excellent and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

There seems to be a collective desire to ignore the obvious needs to accomplish goals. Understaffed departments make work take twice as long to do things. A top/down mindset with senior tech officers encourages mindless micromanagement, making work more difficult. Promotion cometh not for those in lower/middle position. But, holy crap, they make VPs in charge of everything in DSM. There's also an over-reliance on outside consultants who provide unworkable workflow solutions.(They also waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on these useless six sigma Douches.) And let's talk compensation. Work loads go up 300-400%, and pay doesn't go up a percentage point (unless you have the words "vice" and/or "president" in your title. People who do the most amount of the work get crapped upon, and those who spend a large part of their time on the phone or abusing the mail service will be employed forever.

Advice to Management

Hey, you guys you say you want to encourage a full utilization of all the new media technologies? How about you guys thinking about paying the people who make this happen? Also, how about actually providing budgets and people to make this happen? Because those of us most involved are all looking to leave to get paid what we are worth elsewhere. You want to encourage financial wellness? Well, how about this: PAY US?