Merial - Compassionate animal lovers | Glassdoor

"Compassionate animal lovers"

Former Employee - Procurement in Duluth, GA
Former Employee - Procurement in Duluth, GA

I worked at Merial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compassionate animal lovers. People care about their work and their customers. Strive for excellence. Mostly not very high stress environment.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth. Best career opportunities are in sales or in science.

Other Employee Reviews for Merial

1. "Great place to get hands on learning with Vmware and to work with a great group of people"

Former Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Duluth, GA

I worked at Merial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Contractor I was always meeting new people which gave me a name to put with a face.
    In doing so it made it when I was sending out mass emails I knew who these people were that i was emailing.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working at merial was that people would sometimes drag there feet when it came to get things done

2. "Excellent culture and respectful environment."

Former Contractor - Senior Developer in Duluth, GA
    Former Contractor - Senior Developer in Duluth, GA

I worked at Merial as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The Management was very professional and respectful of work life balance even though there were times of long hours.

The technologies used were the latest and the development teams and management were knowledgeable and organized.

Project expectations were not too out of line and management did a great job of insulating the development team of unnecessary stress and office politics.

The team members were extremely friendly, welcoming and supportive.

Cons

Direct managers spent a significant amount of time in meetings and individual contributors had to navigate many projects and obstacles with limited direction or advice at times.

Projects needed a little more structure to prevent feature creep but overall they were managed well.

Advice to Management

Consider implementing more Agile Scrum project management techniques to help out.