Meridian Technology - Small technology contracting company that's friendly an supportive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meridian Technology

"Small technology contracting company that's friendly an supportive."

Current Contractor - Software Consultant in Portland, OR
Current Contractor - Software Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Meridian Technology as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Warm and friendly support staff. Hiring process was a breeze. Paid transportation benefit a big plus.

Cons

Sometimes a lack of communication; I've had to initiate asking about my status (e.g. Asking if my contract will be extended) because otherwise I may not hear anything until last minute.

Advice to Management

Please reach out to employees more to inquire about how their contracts are going, of there are concerns, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Meridian Technology

1. "Room for improvement"

Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Meridian Technology as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The position I was placed in was an excellent fit to my technical skills and experience. Additionally, the social match with the rest of the team was superb.

Cons

My recruiter was not very responsive after I was placed in the position. Additionally, I had to call HR to get additional information about benefits only to be told that I had already missed my deadline to elect benefits and would need to work until the next open enrollment period.

Advice to Management

Keeping in touch with the consultants would help foster goodwill toward using their services again. Receiving timely information about time-sensitive matters would be a great improvement.

2. "I really enjoyed working for Meridian. I knew that if I did my job well, I would succeed."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR

Pros

I liked that I was treated like a professional. I was allowed to do my job and was rewarded to do so. I had a great base salary and commission plan, benefits, a very nice office. I liked the environment and most of the people were great. I was able to grow and It really paid off for me ! I had to work hard to make hires - but that's the challenge of recruiting. Anyone that thinks recruiting is a piece of cake is fooling themselves.

Cons

I like working with professionals. At one point, some new recruiters were hired and they spent more time gossiping and stirring up trouble than recruiting. They wanted to be pampered... like spoiled children. This drove me crazy because I just wanted to do my job and they almost brought me down with them. Unfortunately at that time, management was just a little too busy to notice that these recruiters were trouble...but the problem got fixed.

Advice to Management

Don't let the bad apples get a foot hold.