Merkle - There is a lot of opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Merkle

"There is a lot of opportunities."

Current Employee - Technology in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Technology in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Merkle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Merkle’s position in the marketplace gives it a greater advantage over traditional technology companies. Having worked at other technology companies, Merkle is able to truly help companies make money with the solutions it provides. I believe Merkle is in a place to be as large if not larger than other marketing services providers, and I enjoy being part of this. There is quite a bit of freedom, but there is an expectation that you will excel at what you do and go above and beyond in your normal duties. Due to this, you find that Merkle has hired a lot of very smart people whom are focused on driving the business forward. I have been happy with the opportunities at Merkle.

Cons

Merkle’s driven culture does lead to strains on Work/Life balance, especially in areas linked to client implementations, but I have yet to work at a place where this is not true. Due to some fluidity in the organizational structure and a highly driven workforce, sometime the set corporate strategy is not well translated to specific activities for the more focused areas of the organization. New understandings about market trends can get clogged at a senior management level and do not filter down quick enough to bring the rest of the company into the light. This can lead to some disconnects in the story.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, but do more to bring the rest of the company in line with the vision.

Other Employee Reviews for Merkle

"Very positive experience - and continues to improve"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Merkle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Merkle is always on top of what is going on in the marketplace. That makes it a great place to learn and grow professionally. The culure we work in is very important to our Sr Management team and recieves a lot of attention by our People department as well.

Cons

With all our growth it's hard to solidify repeatable processes. People try but get distracted. I don't see this as unusual and I have seen improvements as time goes on. I would like to see that be more consistent

Advice to Management

Continue to work on embedding top notch repeatable processes in all tha twe do

2. "Challenge yourself mentally, and push your self with a competent team."

Current Employee - Vice President in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Vice President in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Merkle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Merkle focuses on clutural fit first. There are lots of smart people out there, but the key is to find the smart folks who are passionate about what they do, and know how to laugh at each other and themselves.

A truly stimulating environment where hard work and initiative gets rewarded. In all my years I have never worked with the talent I work with here, and after 5 years, I have yet to find someone I wouldn't have a beer with on my own time.

People here are best described as interesting and interested.

Cons

The nature of the client focus results in little time available to interact with your peers/colleagues.

This is not an environment in which to catch your breath. Come to Merkle to work hard (not to hide).

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do, and keep the books open for the team.
    Perhaps less time spent thinking about new titles for the internal roles would be beneficial as well.