Merrill Lynch - Good place to work, depends on branch office manager. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Merrill Lynch

"Good place to work, depends on branch office manager."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

As a financial advisor, they are one of the few places to pay you a salary the first year.

Cons

I hoped to get better sales training and mentors. Our coaches were not helpful when it came to sales at all. I did not meet my goals and was fired. After I left, there were a lot of my coworkers who also ended up in the same position. When I interviewed, I was told 1 in 2 got through the program. In reality, it was about 1 in 20. Thankfully, the coach was replaced after I left and I hope they are doing better.

Advice to Management

Set up a program to help the younger financial advisors get help when they ask for it.

Other Employee Reviews for Merrill Lynch

1. "Its fine to work there, but theres better places to work"

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

The people that you meet are successful (or are going to be successful). Its also a well-respected name in the financial industry.

Cons

The pay slightly lags behind other bulge-bracket banks. Also, management within the office is less supportive of analysts than at other investment banks--especially in helping analysts get jobs after the 2-year program is over.

Advice to Management

The analysts talk to analysts from other banks, they know what fair market value is so dont try to trick them.

2. "The Pit and the Pendulum ---"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Great Experiance... meet some great people

Cons

Stick to your vision and goals... stop swinging like a Pendulum month-by-month

Advice to Management

Get on the ground... !! truly understand whats going on around the firm and the marketplace ! Creat and communicate a vision and stick to it!