MetLife - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Pros

Flexible working hours, Friendly place to work

Cons

low Pay, promotions are hard to come by

Advice to Management

Pay for performance

Other Employee Reviews for MetLife

1. "Nice place to work for FTE not Consultants"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Pros

Good Company to work for, pay is very satisfactory. Top notch consulting company to work with. Good experience can be obntained

Cons

Consultants are not given much importance. no place assigned to work. No growth in the company for consultants. work responsibilities may be very diluted

Advice to Management

no advice for the managements. carry on with your work , and get out with the good money you get in there

"A career nightmare, worst job I EVER had !!!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Hauppauge, NY

Pros

The ONLY saving grace that I found within the firm was the few people that I befriended and could trust.

Cons

MetLife ONLY cares about its' shareholders and top senior management. Period! They treated customers horribly and they treated employee's like they were some type of lower life form. In my 35+ years within the Financial Industry, I can honestly say that MetLife was by far and away, the absolute WORST firm that I've had the unfortunate displeasure of working for. As an advisor, you will pay for EVERYTHING. Nothing is free or covered. Oh, you want a brochure? PAY ME. Oh, you want a cubicle to work from? PAY ME. Oh, and you can service existing clients for FREE. Oh, you want leads? PAY ME. I'm surprised that the toilet facilities weren't coin operated !!. If anyone is actually considering a position with this firm, I can assure you of 2 things. First, just about every word spoken by ANY Manager will be a total falsehood. Second, after your first month working there, you'll be plowing the want ads looking for another job so as to escape the hell that is MetLife.

Advice to Management

Stop sending administration jobs overseas. Try a new customer approach such as honesty & consideration. Stop nickel and diming the people that actually keep you in business such as the Advisor. Try actually supporting "newbies" as they try to build a practice...and not just for 19 weeks !!!