MetLife - Trouble!!! Trouble!!! | Glassdoor

"Trouble!!! Trouble!!!"

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MetLife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Size/critical mass would lead one to believe that there are advantages, but there simply AREN'T!!!

Cons

Truth is, the company is spiraling. Employee morale is seriously low. In my 23 years, I have never seen an organization lose it's way the way Met has. They espouse a 'Customer Centricity' model, and pay ZERO attention to the customer. Due to the move to North Carolina, several people have been laid-off and those that are left are paralyzed by the state of the organization. It's very sad that a company with this rich a history has gotten to this point! There are strong concerns from the field about the commitment to career distribution. Everything that is being done looks more and more like a direct to client focus. After all these years, I am now ACTIVELY looking for a new 'HOME'!!! What a sad state...

Advice to Management

PLEASE!!!! Listen to those that have made this company what it is! IF this company is to survive ( or more specifically the career distribution model) we can't afford to lose the good people that are at the end of their rope with frustration. Listen...understand....gain commitment... but for crying out loud...embrace our employees!!!! And do it quick before all the good ones are gone!

Other Employee Reviews for MetLife

"Bad bad management"

I have been working at MetLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility - because management do not care how many hours you put in or where you are when you work there is currently work from home flexibility.

Cons

Management have no regard for employees. They talk a good story but in reality they have absolutely no regard for them. You can work all through the night and never ever get a thank you or any acknowledgement of achievements. Senior management have no idea and no interest in what happens at the lower levels of the company.

Advice to Management

Get a better attitude. Show some appreciation, no matter how small, for the hours and inconvenience you expect your staff to put in.

2. "Good experience. Very fair on exit."

Former Employee - Agency Administrator
    Former Employee - Agency Administrator

I worked at MetLife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I did not work in a big center but a field sales office. So had the advantages of a large company - such as great benefits and wide opportunity as well as the benefits of a smaller office - more informal atmosphere and a close knit staff.

Cons

Very structured. Not much creativity needed. "Corporate" was somewhat demanding and inflexible. Not too much Con actually.

Advice to Management

None