MetLife - Loved working at MetLife | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MetLife

"Loved working at MetLife"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Johnson City, TN
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Johnson City, TN

I worked at MetLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company and devoted to excellence

Cons

Closed my division. Though I do understand why. The Dodd Frank regulation around banking.

Advice to Management

Good luck and if you are still with MetLife - You are fortunate.

Other Employee Reviews for MetLife

"Customer Centric my rear!"

Pros

Not a bad commute to work....there are small pockets of caring employees if you are lucky enough to find them.

Cons

Corporate double speak.....nobody cares about the employees.......most everyone has a severe case of 'not-my-job-itis'.

Advice to Management

Try caring about your employees more - I got tired of hearing 'You're lucky to have a job' when the truth was more of 'You (Met) were lucky I chose to work so hard for you'.

"Run! High turnover in managing director Leadership"

Former Employee - Management in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at MetLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance and employee benefits. Hourly staffs are hard workers.

Cons

Recruiting staffs are not qualified enough to master hiring process in-house. In addition, pay raises are rare. There is always a change in executive vision at Corporate (NY); so filtering vision and mission down to DFW firm level results to zero directions and lack of support to Financial advisors to run their business. Financial products and life insurance products are old school mentality still. Marketing support to Financial advisors are limited since Corporate killed off all Marketing Division across the board nationally. As a result to all, low employee morale and office culture is non-existence.

Advice to Management

Do a complete background check before hiring toxic Managing Directors and Leaders to run DFW market. One got booted for office politics; One was fired for having an affair with a subordinate; and the most recent one - he was never in the office and did not deliver that "walk the talk" promises; therefore, he was gone in 10 months. Hire Leaders who are Passionate, Supportive, and can lead. Hire top notch recruiting personnel who are certified to recognize elite sales people to solidify sales revenue goals.