Metabyte, Inc. - The captain is drilling holes in the hull. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Metabyte, Inc.

"The captain is drilling holes in the hull."

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Customer Experience in Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager, Customer Experience in Fremont, CA

Pros

It's a small company, with basically no management at all, so there's a lot of room for autonomy and the self-directed.

Cons

There is basically no management at all. The CEO is obsessed with "Leadership" and conducts mandatory leadership seminars, but there is no one in a high-level management position here, and he does not manage- at random intervals he meddles, but that's it. There is no cohesive communication, inept people are never let go (critical in a tiny company!), and projects are assumed to manage themselves.

Advice to Management

Please please please hire high-level managers and project managers. And when you *do* hire experts, please respect and avail yourself of their expertise rather than going with your "intuition" and opining that "maybe all the experts are wrong".

Other Employee Reviews for Metabyte, Inc.

1. "Business Security Analyst"

Pros

Work independently but they provide enough support to guide you on your career. They seem to have your best interest in mind but I actually never met in person anybody from their office.

Cons

Low starting pay. Lack of personal touch.

"Metabyte is a fantastic place to work!"

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Metabyte has offered me tremendous professional growth. I started as a junior programmer and graphic designer 5 years ago. Today I am a lead developer, and I play an active role in product definition. Metabyte’s management was genuinely interested to discover my talents and encouraged my learning. They are patient and maintain a very personal atmosphere. Metabyte emphasizes direct communications and I have a lot of interaction with the CEO and the management team which has really helped to create an atmosphere of open communication and suggestions. I really enjoy the flexibility Metabyte offers to pursue different ideas and opportunities within the company. It’s an entrepreneurial culture. They don’t just say it, you can see that they believe the “Opportunity is infinite” . My salary is over twice today of what I was hired at. As I took more responsibilities, Metabyte recognized and gave me a raise each time. I have been able to buy a house which is not easy to do in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Cons

Resource limitations of any small/medium company

Advice to Management

Keep pursuing growth at current rate