Metals USA - Frustrating. The company has tremendous opportunities, but poor leadership is hindering success. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Metals USA

"Frustrating. The company has tremendous opportunities, but poor leadership is hindering success."

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Metals USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is acceptable. Reliance acquisition of Metals USA will bring much needed changes, but it may take too long.

Cons

Politics and poor leadership are major obstacles.

Advice to Management

Remove self-interested managers. Talent is eroding because of politics and self-interested managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Metals USA

"Terrible"

Pros

The company has enormous resources in the steel business.

Cons

Management there is only interested in promoting themselves and will do or say anything that benefits them to upper management. I was in charge of my own division and received minimal help from the division vice presidents. They were interested in only their jobs and how they can get promoted to the next level. They never did anything to help their new employees. If you work their in a management position, be ready to receive the minimal help from you superiors, it is all for themselves!

Advice to Management

They all need to stop being intimidated by the CEO and the hierarchy of the company and stop being robots.

2. "Dissapointing"

I have been working at Metals USA full-time

Pros

Most of the people in the office enjoy working together. It is a small office and a tight knit group.

Cons

Management is a joke. They push and push that we need to be a team, but they keep us seperated. Litterally. The office personell are not allowed to talk with the warehousemen.