Metia - Excellent full services agency to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Metia

"Excellent full services agency to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great client base
Variations in the type of work one can engage in
Brilliant colleagues. friendly atmosphere

Cons

Too heavy a focus on financial services technology
Huge focus on timesheets can constrain ability to be creative and suggest new ideas

Advice to Management

Move from timesheet based to value-based projects
Need to do more to get more of the employees more enthusiastic about social media

Other Employee Reviews for Metia

1. "Overall, a good place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Metia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some very smart, very creative people here. Office has a good atmosphere and overall, folks have a good sense of humor. Most days, I have fun at work, and I've learned a ton working here.
    I also generally feel well supported and that upper management is open to feedback. The VP of delivery and VP of client services have been running the show as a pair for a year now, and they are working toward maturing how we do business.
    This is a very good place for entry- to mid-level folks who want to grow and gain agency experience with top-level companies.
    Good benefits too, as most reviews have said.

Cons

Still some work to be done to mature how we do business, like when it comes to staffing and briefing for new projects.
    Not much investment in IT - many people are on very old laptops.

Advice to Management

It's our aim to be strategic, customer-centered, and data-driven - help put the structures in place to set employees up for success on these points.

2. "Some really cool people, but very clique-ish"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Metia full-time

Pros

There are some super nice and congenial people at Metia - good playful sense of humor, hard working, and team players.

Benefits (mainly vacation) are pretty good for a small company. They pay for medical benefits for the employee, which is also quite nice as many larger companies don't.

Location at the confluence of I-405 and 520 makes the commute relatively painless for most. It's also close to a park-n-ride for those who choose not to drive.

Cons

The different teams end up being very clique-ish... a lot of that is based on where you went to school (UW, WSU are most represented), but some of that is also due to seniority at the company or the team you happen to be a part of. If you're not part of the clique, you can feel a bit left out.

A lot of dependence on Microsoft for projects/work.

Proposals are not always representative of the agency's in-house capabilities, which leads to last minute staffing by contractors and extra hours for those who are full-time.

Location is not within walking distance of any good lunch-time options - some employees do brown-bag it and hang out in the company kitchen for lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue working on diversifying the client base. Add more cross-team activities to lessen the clique mentality.