Cover image for Metro Transit (Minneapolis/St.Paul)
Logo

Driver
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have many schedules and will get you one you want.

Cons

most routes are in the bad areas.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Apr 5, 2023
        Principal Contract Administrator
        Current Employee, more than 5 years
        Minneapolis, MN
        Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, supportive management, job security

Cons

Pay below industry average, outdated technology

1. 4.0
          Apr 3, 2023
          Facilities Technician
          Current Employee
          Business Outlook

Pros

The work load and pay are amazing you'll never kill your body here and you'll be able to afford a great life at an early age. The health care so as long as the union stays strong is killer only costed me $10 out of pocket for a $14,000 bill after an ATV accident. The PTO is great if your there for a while but starting out its trash

Cons

It's a government job so your in the spot light of the public and at the will of politicians. The environment inside the company to is very politically charged as well and it really shows the the management choices of the company. The current MN governor tried gutting us a few years back and now we're struggling severally. In facilities you gotta deal with the worst humanity has to offer and try going home with a smile. I myself have grown a severe hatred of the homeless in my time here that does effect my personal life

Discover more reviews about Metro Transit (Minneapolis/St.Paul).

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Account Manager

Applying for 2 internal promotion positions within the same company each in a different state in the US. Should you mention this while in the interview stages of both positions?

5 Comments

Advertising

Was told by an company I was interviewing with I would hear back from them the first week of December. The last time we spoke was before Thanksgiving, as I'm trying to respect their decision-making process. Should I reach out again now that we're closer to the date?

2 Comments

EY

When negotiating salary over the phone, can you mention that you know what the salary is for the position you're applying for? E.g. I know people at the company I'm interviewing for in the exact level that I would be in who are making about 15k more than what I am expecting to be offered. Can I say, "I know Managers at this firm make xyz so I would like to be close to that number"

11 Comments