Metropolitan Water District of Southern California - Great place to work. Great people. Huge impact. | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to work. Great people. Huge impact."

Current Employee - Strategic Program Manager Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great mission. Metropolitan family feeling is evident. Lots of smart, talented people. Highly innovative public agency. An organization that makes a difference. Prepares for the future.

Cons

Some of the required coordination can slow some things. Working to speed decision making.

Advice to Management

Continue to set high expectations.

Metropolitan Water District of Southern California2018-03-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best place to work in the water industry"

Current Employee - Resource Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family oriented. Flexible hours. Great managers. Excellent benefits. GM/CEO is a visionary. Huge learning experience.

Cons

Politics both internal and external.

Metropolitan Water District of Southern California2019-06-28
  2. "Excellent place to work"

Current Contractor - OSS Administrative Assistant in La Verne, CA

I have been working at Metropolitan Water District of Southern California for less than a year

Pros

Number #1 is pays well. I'm currently on a 6 month contract with the company. I say that I enjoyed working would be an understatement. I work in the fleet department assisting with various tasks and odd jobs. I am there to let the staff focus on their work and to ease their work load. General administrative tasks, ie: word processing, copying, filing etc. My main duties are to distribute the daily mail. It's a lot... at times. Sort by hand, then hop in a cart and distribute throughout the whole facility. The process takes 20-30 minutes give or take. As a temp, I did take on some odd tasks. Basically, everything they didn't want to do or had time for, I had to take on. It wasn't so bad. It's a government/city job. I am currently going to test for an a position that just opened up. Once an employee, you're practically made here, of course if you're a good worker. Excellent pay, benefits, 401k...the works. Highly recommeded!

Cons

That I'm on contract. Other than that...nothing.

Metropolitan Water District of Southern California2019-05-15

Discover more reviews about Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.