Mettler-Toledo - Overall, MT is a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mettler-Toledo

"Overall, MT is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH

Pros

After being here at MT for awhile now, I am still happy to say I work here. Overall the company is a warm inviting atmosphere. It has really been fun to work in a company with a worldwide presence. The company cares about its employees with a very fair benefits package, cares about the community with active involvement in United Way, etc. In my area, everyone treats each other fair, and is enjoyable to work with. Another pro is the location. Most of the larger companies seem to be located in downtown or Dublin. MT's location is in a much better location, and is much easier to commute to/from everyday. There is MUCH less petty bickering here than my formal job. I now actually enjoy going to work.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there is a disconnect between employees and management. While we are given a very broad range of responsibilities, it seems to be hard to get a definite answer at times.

Advice to Management

Overall, please keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for realizing that we are a world wide company, and not just small individual units.

Other Employee Reviews for Mettler-Toledo

"You won't move up here unless the GM has projects for you to do."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Pros

Some very hard workers. However, stay on the good side of the GM, or else you will not be going anywhere.

Cons

Despite what they say, they DO NOT promote from within. 95% of all positions here are filled outside of this company. And turn over here for upper level managers is unreal! Some last 2 weeks before having had enough.

"Supervisors unknowageable"

Former Employee - Senior Field Servive Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Servive Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Pay and freedom to set your time

Cons

You will never move up. Management does not listen to any others ideas. Be careful when talking to the Human Resources leaders (the firing team)because they will protect management at all cost. and never pay you the money owed to you for sales or customer increases in your zone

Advice to Management

Hire people in supervisor postions that know the job and don't just be yes men