Miami Children's Health System - Top notch vision and mission; poor regard of talent | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Miami Children's Health System

"Top notch vision and mission; poor regard of talent"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Miami Children's Health System part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bright CEO. Top notch drive. CEO Knows what it takes to grow and success. Nice vision and mission. Staff is passionate about the hospital. Nurses care for each other and for patients and parents. Managers work very hard. Nice location. Nice building. very colourful.

Cons

People have a sad sense of disappointment. Not good enough is the message coming from the top. Evaluation process is a downer. No matter how hard you work the result is the same. You're average. Slowly you lose motivation and become robotic and working for a paystub. when you dont care for people, people stop caring too. I dont know what these top people look like. the chief of talent care more about the numbers than the staff and good IT people are leaving left and right because the VP is a bully. I cannot remember the last time I saw the senior people. That says a lot about the culture.

Advice to Management

Go back to basics. It is not rocket science. talk to people. stop scaring people. stop the not good enough mentality. stop cutting employees bread and butter. slow down. people will save millions if you would listen to us. but you think you are so smart and you have all the answers. good luck with that. stop blaming supervisors. you are the problem. let me do my work. stop controling everything and being in my business. focus on what is working, instead of crying about what is not working.

Other Employee Reviews for Miami Children's Health System

1. "Respected organization with high standards, morals and integrity?????"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Miami Children's Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I truly believe most MCH employees love working at the hospital. Doctors, Nurses and staff all take a great deal of pride delivering outstanding care to all the children that come to the hospital 7x24x365.

Cons

Some members of executive management team lack integrity and morals which is very sad for such a once proud organization. The new leadership team does not lead by example and DO NOT adhere to MCH Way core principals championed by CEO / Dr. Kini. Case in point: A certain SVP that will remain nameless has lost the trust of some senior executives including their own staff because they all have witnessed first hand how they manage and treat employees by bullying, intimidation and manipulating.

Advice to Management

1) Establish a zero tolerance policy and make all executive leadership members follow MCH Way core values and principals set by Dr. Kini. The executive team must lead by example.
    2) Hire a new SVP that has integrity, compassion and is genuinely passionate about MCH interests not just their own self serving ego. This person should truly care about all MCH employees including those in their own department.

2. "Great strategy if you are a robot"

Current Employee - Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at Miami Children's Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees who work at MCH are very dedicated and compassionate. Most used to enjoy working for MCH and if things changed, would still love working there.

Cons

Most of the senior leadership team acts like robots & treat their employees like robots. Instead of promoting employees using positive and engaging behaviors, they demotivate employees & try to control everything employees do. No one ever does a good enough job and we all are rated the same--unless you want to play politics, "always say the 'right' thing" and do the ALMOST impossible for an organization you have NO heart left for. It's a culture of micromanagement--everyone is busy doing a bunch of nothing. Most of the senior team is in the wrong fit; the "Chief Talent Officer" has NO idea how to engage or create talent...he embodies nothing regarding talent or care for employees.
    The COO has no idea how to connect with people and thinks that's they way business is run--and the new CFO has no clue who works for him. Most in the C-suite think they have the answers as they try and outsmart you or their peers. The house is burning down and everyone is pretending it's fine.

Advice to Management

Save face and stop playing word games and I'm smarter than you with your employees and each other. Why don't you leave employees alone to do what they came here to do--their job. Stop with the reports upon reports and let us become passionate again for what we love, Miami Children's Hospital. You didn't save us, you are taking MCH down!