Michaels Stores - Management over using power | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

"Management over using power"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Michaels now for about 15 months. When I first started I loved my job, in fact I have up until recently when some changes were mad. I love the interaction with customers and the employees. I like to feel like I am working with a family. It makes working more enjoyable.

Cons

Now for the cons. I am all for change but don't like it when someone comes in and completely turns everything upside down. I understand using the point system, but I think the first time someone has to call in they shouldn't be given a point. Now if they call in again close to the first one I can understand because it will become a habit. Those of us that never call in and work no matter what shouldn't be punished. I am very upset
about this. Never late, always early, always volunteers to work extra if needed. I just don't understand. It makes me crazy.
Another thing is the pay for Customer Experience Managers should be more. For what we deal with it is not enough. And need more hours and payroll to make sure that the customers are taken care of.

Advice to Management

Loosen up a little and come down to earth with the rest of us.

Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores

1. "Nice Business"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Homestead, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Homestead, FL

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly Co-workers, great place, and reasonable hours for part-time.

Cons

Hours sometimes are changed mid-week.

2. "ok if your a student/ 2nd job horrilbe hours"

Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Encino, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros

flexible scheduale some room for growth within company,always hiring if you apply to work here apply for the replenishment job they get the most hrs. good job if you have an other job or in school.

Cons

basicly little training whut so ever 90% of the job I hade to learn on my own only 4 hrs a shift some weeks only get 1 day, employees always quiting, start you of slow but if your a good worker you can get up to 20 hrs a week. if your not than you will be lucky to get two days week. minumum wage pay increse after 6 months. 50-60 employees 95% of them get less than 10 hrs a week.

Advice to Management

give your employees more hours (replenishment) take the time to train new hires longer shifts is a must!!! reward your loyal employees