Michaels Stores - I really like my job and the people I work with. Unfortunately not all managers work as hard as employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

"I really like my job and the people I work with. Unfortunately not all managers work as hard as employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros

Great associates with great work ethic. Great nights and weekend CEM.

Cons

Assistant Manager and full-time CEM spend hours in the office chatting about non work topics, while everyone else is working hard

Advice to Management

The Assistant Manager should not spend so much time, and I mean hours, talking with the full-time CEM, very discouraging to all the associates and they all see it

Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores

"Current Associate Feedback"

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice environment ~ if you enjoy the retail customer service experience. Connecting with creative individuals who share their project ideas & "money making experience" crafting for additional income. Great, if you want part time seasonal employment.

Cons

Corporate & regional management keep stores under staffed. Salary is minimal & real advancement is not available. I would describe it as a "Go Nowhere" job. If you are not management this will never be a full time job... part time only or temporary for the holidays..

Advice to Management

To drive sales & enhance the customer experience the stores need more sales associates on the floor. The key to meeting daily sales plan goals lies in qualified, knowledgeable associates interacting with the customer.

"The more involved the Worst It gets.."

Former Employee - Cashier -≫ PT Manager-≫ Sales Floor-≫ Framing in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depends on the stores I really liked the people I worked with..
    Yearly Raises like 15-35 cents depending on how well you did
    Easy job..

Cons

They lie about promises. Was a temporary manager and told when the job would be open i would get it.. NOT true. I thought it was odd i had to interview against for the position i was told I would have. Even more odd when they told me, We decided to go with someone OLDER. This is also illegal to say.

My store manager was a weak leader. Let other lower managers push them around.
    The store manager was the main reason why I left. Within 2 months everyone in my department left. I was the last.

Took hours from framing department gave to the morning crew who also had more workers and hours than everyone else. Who didn't get their jobs done every Friday.

Suppose to be crossed trained.. I was the only crossed trained employee. I had to do everyone's job because no one else stepped up. So my worked started to fail

Suppose to get 30% emails per day... Everyone already has them so we just keep typing the same email over and over. It was originally 30 emails a day per store.. NOW its like 500

Advice to Management

PLEASE double check who you are hiring for higher management. They will cause everyone in the store to quit.