Michaels Stores - WORST company EVERR | Glassdoor

"WORST company EVERR"

Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Sugar Land, TX
Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Company is horrible and so is corporate

Cons

Horrible company ! I just quit today. To much work required of cashiers such as answering the phones while busy and etc. low pay, horrible management, and disrespectful co workers.

Advice to Management

Needs new management!

Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores

1. "laid back boss"

Current Employee - Certified Custom Framer in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Certified Custom Framer in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

cool worker, being around art,

Cons

I disliked the overly demanding customers.

Advice to Management

keep being laid back

"Corporate is unorganized out of touch with reality."

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping customers who are trying to do something creative. Cool staff (not corporate) because you're all in the same boat. Not much else.

Cons

Corporate, corporate, corporate. Easily the most unorganized retail chain I have ever worked for. Policies change daily. They expect Mgrs to run an entire store while waiting by their computer for emails from corporate, and waiting by the phone for calls from corporate to do another task when you're trying to finish the previous 100 tasks they ask. They DO NOT allow enough hours to accomplish their unrealistic goals. And when you don't meet them you're treated unfairly. Don't expect work shirts to be given to you. (Buy your own.) Stock managers are responsible for setting ALL planograms. There is no planogram team at Michaels. They've dumped that responsibility on the stock manager so they don't have to pay extra payroll. But in return the company is losing money because no one has time to down stock old product, so really they're losing money but they're too stupid to realize it. There is ALOT of pressure to sell more at Michaels, AND ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE. No bonus, no commission, nada. In my years at Michaels I have watched numerous Managers, District Managers, (and not to mention hourly associates) quit out if frustration, and or get fired. I want to close on a positive note, but first I want to give my two cents about the top dogs at Michaels corporate. Deep down in my gut I do not feel the guys at the top care about their employees. It's been made abundantly clear all they care about. MONEY. I understand it's a business and that's the goal, but there's no balance at Michaels. Corporate is pinching every single penny they can while the workers get larger workloads for crappy pay, and treated badly for not meeting thier IMPOSSIBLE goals. I've seen people cry, argue, fight with each other in frustration because of the things this company expects out of thier employees. All the while it seems like corporate is laughing to the bank while the little guy takes the hit. I have ZERO respect for the penny pinchers at Michaels corporate. But I do have love for the employees who show up everyday and do thier best to make it by and pay bills. We can only hope the company makes a turn for the better and starts treating its employees with respect, and stop treating them like children when they can't meet thier impossible expectations. You can only hope. I love the job for what it could be, not what is right now. Because right now, Michaels is S***.

Advice to Management

Don't be intimidated by corporate. Stand up for yourself when you feel like you are being treated unfairly.