Michigan State University Federal Credit Union - IT jobs for experienced employees not good | Glassdoor

"IT jobs for experienced employees not good"

Former Employee - Database Architect in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and PTO time are good

Cons

No processes. No documentation. No one knows how all the main systems work. Non-IT people running department. You get a PTO day a pay period but unscheduled time off is frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Have an IT audit done to make recommendations for improvements

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-03-22
  1. "Good Work Environment"

Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Coworkers, Good Work Environment, Feel like you are helping people, Great Benefits

Cons

Pay is alright but not the best

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-07-20
  2. "Amazing Benefits. Great Culture. Average Pay."

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative II

I have been working at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic benefits package, including 2:1 401k match and a no deductible no premium health care plan. Great culture with good training and advancement in the first 1-2 years on the job. The credit union is always striving to push their employees to learn more and continue their career advancement at the credit union which is nice to see. Love that our goals are centered around helping members. The stats we track... aren't directly about making the CU money, rather saving our members on interest they may have had to pay elsewhere by offering lower rates, or by earning them dividends with our different savings products. I understand how these do benifit the CU still, but I like that the goals are more tailored to helping our members, it enhances the enviornment and culture of the workplace.

Cons

While the benefits are among the best in the market(probably the best), the pay side of compensation leaves a little to be desired. When looking at other financial institutions in the Metro-Detroit Area it definitely feels as if MSUFCU is in the bottom third when it comes to hourly and salary pay for branch employees. The credit union has lost a few very good employees in this area due to the lower pay scale. There... are quite a few people in this area who take on a second job to help their families and households get by which I do not feel should be the case for a skilled and trained full time employee of such a large institution. Quarterly 'bonus' for CU hitting goals for Interest Saved and Dividends earned for member is great in theory however the $75 doesnt feel like a whole lot and somewhat a slap in the face. Would like if that was increased to an amount that felt more impactful for employees.

Advice to Management

Continue pushing employees to learn and grow within their position and allowing them to grow within the credit union, this is greatly appreciated by your employees.

Michigan State University Federal Credit Union2019-09-09

Discover more reviews about Michigan State University Federal Credit Union.