Micro Focus - Positive Reviews are laughable | Glassdoor

"Positive Reviews are laughable"

Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Micro Focus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It was a paycheck

Cons

I wasn't going to post a review but when I read how great it is to work there, I have to. The people in India and Mexico are probably really happy because they have replaced American workers. Those who say it's a great work life balance are really shocking. Where are they working? When I worked there, I worked very hard and in order to get everything done, I had to work during my time off. At raise time, it... will be the same story year after year - sales are down, we didn't meet our goals and managers didn't get much money to give away. So the money goes to the manager's pets no matter how hard you work. In the meantime, you see all these executives being hired and getting high bonuses. The upper management really went downhill when it switched to being based in England. Some of the worst managers I've seen. They make decisions that make no sense at all. All the emphasis is on the bottom line and employees are just a necessary evil in their eyes. Great growth if you want to move to India or Mexico. Americans are dwindling fast and will eventually be extinct in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they won't read it or care. They have gotten feedback from employees and just ignore it.

Micro Focus2019-05-27
  1. "Great place to intern"

Former Intern - User Experience Design Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Micro Focus for less than a year

Pros

Lots of great people to learn from. Great mentorship on both technical and soft skills. The Seattle office is a great work environment! Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Cons

None I can think of.

Micro Focus2019-11-14
  2. "Standard job, great culture"

Current Employee - Lead Development Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people in my office are great. Management is hands off but helps you hit your goal. Constructive environment, closeknit groups. Job is pretty easy and you have to be quite a slacker not to hit your goal. Management also really cares about your future, whether it's with Micro Focus or elsewhere, so they do lots of industry training.

Cons

Honestly the biggest issues lie within turnover (most sales related positions have this issue) and flexibility. Lots of people are not in your office that you need to communicate with, so getting a hold of reps can be hard. Only other con is the uncertainty of the company. Stocks drop frequently and there's always change to the company in the biggest picture.

Advice to Management

They do a great job running with change. Management is no problem here.

Micro Focus2019-11-16

Discover more reviews about Micro Focus.