Micro Focus - Very laid back company | Glassdoor

"Very laid back company"

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very laid back, no process everyone gets to keep their job whether they work or no.

Cons

no raises no money just people waiting to retire.

Advice to Management

What is the plan?

Micro Focus2019-06-12

Micro Focus Response

June 18, 2019HR

Thank you for your feedback. We hear from many people that Micro Focus is considered a dynamic company which has undergone significant change in recent years, so we’re surprised that you find it to be that laid back. We have a strong company plan in place with clear focus areas for growth but we take note that this can be shared more broadly with colleagues. We believe there are opportunities for those wanting to take on new challenges, and individuals have access to resources and development tools on the intranet to help with their career planning. We encourage you to contact your HR Business Partner to share your concerns or if you need more information.

1. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Tech Architect in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexi timing, Great Managers, Open door & 360 degree feedback, Good Bonus which is top of your CTC (most of the companies include bonus as part of CTC)

Cons

Nothing specific what I can think of

Micro Focus2019-07-20
  2. "Great people, a bit disorganized"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Provo, UT

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues I have here are the best I've worked with. I came from a company with a bit of a toxic environment. Micro Focus has been a breath of fresh air. From my senior leadership down to individual contributors, everyone is very friendly, supportive and great to interact with. The work is challenging and there's plenty to do but the company is very accommodating and I have a fantastic work-life balance. More... than anything else, I feel like my peers and leaders genuinely care about me and my success.

Cons

With so many acquisitions, internally it's a bit chaotic. There are lots of different systems and processes. A lot gets lost in the shuffle, and unfortunately, sometimes it impacts our customers. HR department is not very helpful, and the intranet is almost impossible to use - I have struggled to complete even basic tasks like completing tax forms and checking my paystubs.

Advice to Management

It's a massive undertaking and I know we're working on it, but the internal processes and workflows really need to be streamlined. So many times the ball gets dropped because nobody knows who to reach out to for a given problem. Also, please spend some effort cleaning up the intranet!

Micro Focus2019-09-18

Micro Focus Response

September 24, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. We’re pleased that you’re engaging in challenging work, enjoying the work environment and your team mates. We agree we do have some pretty incredible people and supportive teams around the world. It’s also great to hear you appreciate the work/life balance as our people are our most important asset. We’ve been through a lot of change recently and we know that the integration of processes and systems hasn’t always been smooth. We are continuously working on improvements to streamline processes to create a better experience for our employees and our customers. As an example, our HR Direct team is positioned to provide support for HR questions and will soon introduce a chat feature that will further improve HR support. Our intranet is also evolving. We encourage you to use the feedback button on the homepage, in the quick links section, to share your thoughts on how we can continue to improve.

Discover more reviews about Micro Focus.