Micro Focus - Software Renewal | Glassdoor

"Software Renewal"

Current Employee - Software Renewal in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home, adequate vacation and PTO

Cons

System issues with SFDC, FUZE causing crashes on a daily basis; unable to pay sales compensation correctly after 8 months of current FY (last year it took 10 months for compensation true-up); management is not responsive to customer's requests and ignores emails, instant messages and asks to have same requests resent over and over again with no real resolution for the customers; low pay as compared to similar... positions from competing US companies; low morale as good people are leaving Micro Focus.

Advice to Management

Do not mess with people's pay and respond to emails and requests from customers in a professional manner-even if it is just a short sentence of acknowledgement. Do not commit to a new system until all the bugs have been worked out as it affects the functionality and success of the business. There have been numerous instances where the customers are hounding us for invoices to pay their support renewal and we are... unable to generate it due to system issues. Customer's are frustrated and do not understand why Micro Focus do not want to accept their payment. Get rid of management that are not attentive to customer's needs and do not have a focus on growth. Get everyone to accept that they need to get out of their silos and work with others outside their comfort zone to pursue excellence. There are so much opportunities to be better and to encourage changes from within with the loyal and excellent customers that use our products. They love us despite our shortcomings. Let's show them our appreciation by being more professional and fix everything broken...now. No more delays and excuses on delivery to customers, fair and accurate compensation for employees.

Micro Focus2019-07-13

Micro Focus Response

July 23, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re glad you enjoy the flexibility of working with Micro Focus. As you know Micro Focus has been going through tremendous change in the last two years as we build a much bigger and stronger business. We’re aware that this has been more challenging in some areas, but we continue to make good progress creating greater stabilization across the company. Some points you mention have been worked through, for example sales compensation updates started in the spring and are continuing throughout the summer. Our Customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re always looking at how we can support them better. We’re working on significant programs to provide a simplified and more integrated set of systems and processes that will make it easier for customers to partner with us, and for employees to get their jobs done. We’re addressing issues methodically, but we’re taking note that we need to share more details on these plans to include progress and milestones so that everyone knows what’s coming. Thank you again for your feedback; we will make sure to share with the teams.

1. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Tech Architect in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexi timing, Great Managers, Open door & 360 degree feedback, Good Bonus which is top of your CTC (most of the companies include bonus as part of CTC)

Cons

Nothing specific what I can think of

Micro Focus2019-07-20
  2. "Great people, a bit disorganized"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Provo, UT

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues I have here are the best I've worked with. I came from a company with a bit of a toxic environment. Micro Focus has been a breath of fresh air. From my senior leadership down to individual contributors, everyone is very friendly, supportive and great to interact with. The work is challenging and there's plenty to do but the company is very accommodating and I have a fantastic work-life balance. More... than anything else, I feel like my peers and leaders genuinely care about me and my success.

Cons

With so many acquisitions, internally it's a bit chaotic. There are lots of different systems and processes. A lot gets lost in the shuffle, and unfortunately, sometimes it impacts our customers. HR department is not very helpful, and the intranet is almost impossible to use - I have struggled to complete even basic tasks like completing tax forms and checking my paystubs.

Advice to Management

It's a massive undertaking and I know we're working on it, but the internal processes and workflows really need to be streamlined. So many times the ball gets dropped because nobody knows who to reach out to for a given problem. Also, please spend some effort cleaning up the intranet!

Micro Focus2019-09-18

Micro Focus Response

September 24, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. We’re pleased that you’re engaging in challenging work, enjoying the work environment and your team mates. We agree we do have some pretty incredible people and supportive teams around the world. It’s also great to hear you appreciate the work/life balance as our people are our most important asset. We’ve been through a lot of change recently and we know that the integration of processes and systems hasn’t always been smooth. We are continuously working on improvements to streamline processes to create a better experience for our employees and our customers. As an example, our HR Direct team is positioned to provide support for HR questions and will soon introduce a chat feature that will further improve HR support. Our intranet is also evolving. We encourage you to use the feedback button on the homepage, in the quick links section, to share your thoughts on how we can continue to improve.

Discover more reviews about Micro Focus.