Micro Focus - Best place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Tech Architect in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexi timing, Great Managers, Open door & 360 degree feedback, Good Bonus which is top of your CTC (most of the companies include bonus as part of CTC)

Cons

Nothing specific what I can think of

Micro Focus2019-07-20
  1. "Great people, a bit disorganized"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Provo, UT

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues I have here are the best I've worked with. I came from a company with a bit of a toxic environment. Micro Focus has been a breath of fresh air. From my senior leadership down to individual contributors, everyone is very friendly, supportive and great to interact with. The work is challenging and there's plenty to do but the company is very accommodating and I have a fantastic work-life balance. More... than anything else, I feel like my peers and leaders genuinely care about me and my success.

Cons

With so many acquisitions, internally it's a bit chaotic. There are lots of different systems and processes. A lot gets lost in the shuffle, and unfortunately, sometimes it impacts our customers. HR department is not very helpful, and the intranet is almost impossible to use - I have struggled to complete even basic tasks like completing tax forms and checking my paystubs.

Advice to Management

It's a massive undertaking and I know we're working on it, but the internal processes and workflows really need to be streamlined. So many times the ball gets dropped because nobody knows who to reach out to for a given problem. Also, please spend some effort cleaning up the intranet!

Micro Focus2019-09-18

Micro Focus Response

September 24, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. We’re pleased that you’re engaging in challenging work, enjoying the work environment and your team mates. We agree we do have some pretty incredible people and supportive teams around the world. It’s also great to hear you appreciate the work/life balance as our people are our most important asset. We’ve been through a lot of change recently and we know that the integration of processes and systems hasn’t always been smooth. We are continuously working on improvements to streamline processes to create a better experience for our employees and our customers. As an example, our HR Direct team is positioned to provide support for HR questions and will soon introduce a chat feature that will further improve HR support. Our intranet is also evolving. We encourage you to use the feedback button on the homepage, in the quick links section, to share your thoughts on how we can continue to improve.

2. "Good calm place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Work life balance.

Cons

Less exposure to latest technology stack. Seems slow for a bay area company.

Micro Focus2019-09-12

Discover more reviews about Micro Focus.