Micro Focus - Eh | Glassdoor
  1. "Eh"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time

Pros

Came with acquisition kept the same sales model

Cons

Old school mentality - legacy style

Micro Focus2019-07-30

Micro Focus Response

August 5, 2019HR

Thank you for your feedback. Following recent acquisitions, we’re working through our integration plans and we’re glad to hear you have found it positive to keep the same sales model through the changes. Micro Focus has always focused on bridging the gap between the old and the new, which may give the impression of having an old-school style as you say. However, we’re building for the future, developing new capabilities and ways of engaging with customers, and continuing to evolve as a company.

1. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Tech Architect in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexi timing, Great Managers, Open door & 360 degree feedback, Good Bonus which is top of your CTC (most of the companies include bonus as part of CTC)

Cons

Nothing specific what I can think of

Micro Focus2019-07-20
  2. "So much potential...wasted"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is so much potential in our software solutions - with the individual products, solutions areas, and the company portfolio as a whole. We truly have great stuff to offer our customers! We should be absolutely killing it in the market.

Cons

The leadership in this company has no idea what is broken. We are not on a path to succeed. Issues are always blamed on "the disruption of the merger", but we all know (the people who do the work) that the biggest issues are lack of real leadership and no ability to execute on the basics. The corporate marketing org is one of the best examples of that. A lot of people are in roles that they shouldn't be in and they... make poor decisions because of their lack of knowledge/experience (most often no decisions at all are made which is even worse). I do my best every day, but Micro Focus is a very frustrating place to work for those of us who want to be part of something great.

Advice to Management

Many of us feel like we are being set up to fail. We have poor leadership and people in roles that they don't belong in. Your leaders do not strive for success or inspire other - it seems like many are OK with being simply mediocre. Yes, sales is an issue but the problems are so much larger than sales - marketing (especially around campaigns and the website) is an absolute travesty, IT support never responds, HR is... not helpful, anything around the channel is neglected, our development teams are terrible, etc. Please start questioning the rosy picture that you are being given by those who work for you and actually dig in to find the real issues. Most of the good people I work with at Micro Focus are frustrated and looking to leave.

Micro Focus2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about Micro Focus.