Micro Focus - review | Glassdoor
  1. "review"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have benefits and pay just like any other company.

Cons

401k match was decent, no other benefits really.

Micro Focus2019-08-06

Micro Focus Response

August 19, 2019Social Media ad Channels Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Micro Focus offers rewarding benefits to our employees. We offer 401K, medical / dental, life and sickness benefits, assistance programs, paid volunteer days, flexible spending, paternity and maternity leave, work life balance and more. If you have any questions, or need additional information regarding benefits available to you, please contact your HR Business Partner.

1. "A very comfortable working environment."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very good learning curve. Good work life balance.

Cons

Not a very fast paced work environment. work pace more that of an established company.

Micro Focus2019-10-21

"So much potential...wasted"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Micro Focus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is so much potential in our software solutions - with the individual products, solutions areas, and the company portfolio as a whole. We truly have great stuff to offer our customers! We should be absolutely killing it in the market.

Cons

The leadership in this company has no idea what is broken. We are not on a path to succeed. Issues are always blamed on "the disruption of the merger", but we all know (the people who do the work) that the biggest issues are lack of real leadership and no ability to execute on the basics. The corporate marketing org is one of the best examples of that. A lot of people are in roles that they shouldn't be in and they... make poor decisions because of their lack of knowledge/experience (most often no decisions at all are made which is even worse). I do my best every day, but Micro Focus is a very frustrating place to work for those of us who want to be part of something great.

Advice to Management

Many of us feel like we are being set up to fail. We have poor leadership and people in roles that they don't belong in. Your leaders do not strive for success or inspire other - it seems like many are OK with being simply mediocre. Yes, sales is an issue but the problems are so much larger than sales - marketing (especially around campaigns and the website) is an absolute travesty, IT support never responds, HR is... not helpful, anything around the channel is neglected, our development teams are terrible, etc. Please start questioning the rosy picture that you are being given by those who work for you and actually dig in to find the real issues. Most of the good people I work with at Micro Focus are frustrated and looking to leave.

Micro Focus2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about Micro Focus.