Micron Technology - Great Internship for Idaho | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Micron Technology

"Great Internship for Idaho"

Current Intern - Accounting Intern in Boise, ID
Current Intern - Accounting Intern in Boise, ID

I have been working at Micron Technology as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Pay is very competitive for interns
-Excellent facilities and welcoming employees
-Allow you to be proactive and treat you as if you're going to stay
-Upper management takes time to meet interns

Cons

-Depending on department, interns will/will not have a great experience. Micron is a company of engineers and accounting/finance feel looked down upon
-work/life balance of employees... come in early and leave later than needful

Advice to Management

-Keep supporting the interns!

Other Employee Reviews for Micron Technology

"Good place to start"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boise, ID

I worked at Micron Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to get a job right out of college. I was able to learn a lot about the real world work environment, and was able to apply some of what I learned in college.

Cons

If you let them, they will work you to the bone. Once you are moved from hourly to salary, you will be expected to work 60+ hours per week. Managers and supervisors will take the quantity of hours you spend in the office, rather than quality of work, into consideration during reviews.

Generally speaking, it appeared as though people spent more time looking to place blame on others for things that went wrong, rather than fixing problems. If you take a position at Micron, expect to be "thrown under the bus" quite frequently.

Advice to Management

While employed at Micron, I felt that the executive management team did a great job of driving the company to be successful.

Director and management level professionals are worked so hard that, and spend so much time putting out fires, it seems that they have a difficult time doing the job they were hired to do, unless they work 60 - 80 hours per week.

Production supervisors, in my opinion were no more than babysitters. It appeared as though most were promoted because somebody liked them, not because of their capabilities. My experience was that the supervisors were unable (or unwilling) to help their employees

2. "Great Company Depending on Managerial Chain"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and time off program, promotional potential provided you have a good chain of command.

Cons

Lack of opportunity if you outside the box (good-ol-boys club); Bad place to work when handling the wrong side of the snake.

Advice to Management

Thin out middle management and make a serious attempt to care for subordinates.