Microsoft - A great place for a college internship. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

"A great place for a college internship."

Former Employee - PM Intern in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - PM Intern in Redmond, WA

Pros

Very friendly and talented folks; my manager was very resourceful and did not just give me a project that was swept under the rug.

Cons

I feel like I could be making a larger contribution if I worked at a smaller company or SV area startup.

Advice to Management

Would be good to let incoming interns know ahead of time what they will be working on for the summer.

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

"Bureacracy Meets Lack of Urgency"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Redmond, WA

Pros

Outstanding benefits, easy to maintain employment if you want to collect paycheck for next 10 years.

Cons

Lack of urgency around critical new product launches and ability to compete in key areas (tablets, mobile, Internet), lack of prioritization, people focused on self-preservation vs making right decisons and working in teams.

Advice to Management

Leverage the talent you have to more effectively compete against Apple and Google!

2. "Microsoft is a huge company, so your experience will vary based upon group and location. It's a good place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

I've worked for multiple Fortune 500 companys over the past 15 years, and Microsoft has some of the smartest and most hardworking individuals that I have ever met. I am challenged by my work every day, and take pride in how I have contributed to Microsoft. The point is, I'm given the opportunity ny Microsoft to do my best and work on products and services that impact millions fo people around the world. The benefits are great (until the Health laws change, at least), and the salary is now very competitive with other tech companies.

Cons

Hours can be long. Competition between teams and groups can be intense. Upper management could use a shake up. And the company could handle a major restructuring to get the stock moving up instead of staying flat.