Microsoft - A good place to learn about a big company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

"A good place to learn about a big company"

Current Employee - RDAA in Taipei (Taiwan)
Current Employee - RDAA in Taipei (Taiwan)

I have been working at Microsoft part-time (More than a year)

Pros

a well-structured company, as a part-time student working there, employers are patient to teach you stuff as long as one wants to learn

Cons

too well structure and hierarchy, couldn't feel the passion about creativity or its own products

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. "Great work experience, but not for a long run because private life is suffer"

Former Contractor - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Belgrade (Serbia)

I worked at Microsoft as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot. Learning curve is very steep. There are a lot of opportunities to do what you like. You are on the cutting edge of the industry.

Cons

Very bad work – life balance. Very aggressive culture. Lack of learning from colleagues due to rival relationships between employees and chronic lack of time.

Advice to Management

Enable better quality of life of your employees. Improve interpersonal relations in the office.

2. "Incredible!"

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunities, amazing impact on peoples lives, amazing opportunities to contribute to technology and development. Also amazing opportunities to develop your own skills and career, to connect with wonderful specialist.

Cons

During my years of working in Microsoft I haven't found any true "Cons", only challenges to overcome, like the huge information flow. Every day in Microsoft is a wonderful challenge. I've been to MSFT only a few years but only keep on going to be in shape and up for the challenges, loving it!