Microsoft - Advertising Account Executive | Glassdoor

"Advertising Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and sense of belonging

Cons

Too easy to work when not at work.
STACK RANKING

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

"Smartest people work here, except in management"

Current Employee - Premier Field Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Premier Field Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone is incredibly bright, so there's no waiting for people to understand things; if you're the top performer at your company, you likely will struggle here for the first year, but you won't regret it. Everyone is super smart, able to write and speak clearly and have fairly good soft skills too.

Cons

There are no women here, none. The women that are here typically have master's degrees and a decade or more of experience before setting foot in the door. THe men were typically hired out of high school, sat in the queues for that long and either now manage your team or get high bonuses for being one of the guys. I would never have a woman work here; it's ridiculous how much time you have to spend acting like a guy to even be considered for anything. The other major issue is that most of these folks haven't worked anywhere else, so they're always coming up with 'ideas' to sell to our clients that the clients will never buy and won't make a real impact because we haven't worked in the real world. There's also a lot of shuffling around of your management and entire divisions even though what you do doesn't EVER change...so maybe it would be best to juts get rid of the management which doesn't do much more than approve expense reports and stack rank.

Advice to Management

2. "Great people, great resume builder, fun company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

smart people, great products, great campus

Cons

not innovative, not meritocracy. no career advancement

Advice to Management

Select leaders with integrity and values. Do not tolerate bad behavior that hinders the progress of the company