Microsoft - The Microsoft I joined in 1999 is not the same Microsoft I left in 2010. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

"The Microsoft I joined in 1999 is not the same Microsoft I left in 2010."

Former Employee - Compliance Manager in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Compliance Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Same Microsoft who is no longer the Operating System company and Office Productivity Suite company. They are much more than that which I dare called a All-in-One solution for the customers computing needs...

Cons

Long gone are the Microsoft team members who actually cared about others they worked with, cared about the customers they bring value to in the form of software and service products they sell. The company is loaded with people with personal agendas such as self preservation and self serving attitudes. These people treat a job at Microsoft as if it was a 9-to-5 bank teller job....

Advice to Management

Management needs to shake things up. I doubt many of the people working there can only see things from a "micro" perspective and not a "macro" one....

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. "Great company to work for, cool technology"

I have been working at Microsoft full-time

Pros

Great benefits, forward thinking company, get to work on widely used technology. Get to use things before anyone else.

Cons

Big company, lots of human resources non-sense, stack ranking, forced curves, slow moving company at times.

2. "The company tries but it's challenged due to size and complexity..."

I worked at Microsoft full-time

Pros

The people are sharp and generally care about what they do. The intent to help change and evolve the company exists within culture. People are proud of what they are working on and can still attract talent, but retaining it is a challenge.

Cons

The performance review process. It works for a few but it's "stacked" against most people. The health benefits are now par compared to other employers.