Microsoft - Great Compensation. Great Work/Life Balance. Company can lack direction at times | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

"Great Compensation. Great Work/Life Balance. Company can lack direction at times"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation. Benefits. Work/Life Balance. Breadth of products.

Cons

Not always on the cutting edge. Not as visionary as competitors. Stock performance

Advice to Management

Have a longer term vision. Sometimes we're so focused on holding onto our position in one market, that we can't see another more important market developing

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. "Smart people with a team that cared about developing the careers its members"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leads truly care about their teams, and really care about the product and mission. Your work affects millions of users and you get a chance to work at the forefront of enterprise and consumer technology.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there's a huge distance between the engineers on the ground versus those that make the big decisions that affect the whole company.

2. "Great place, even for a contractor"

Pros

Working for Microsoft is a great experience. The folks are very bright, and even if you are there for a short time, as I was, you should walk away with more knowledge than when you started.

Cons

As a contractor, it can be tough. Trying to get the proverbial 'foot in the door' to make it full time is the goal of most, and they know it. So, they can play that up to get you to work a little harder to go full time.

Advice to Management

Make the transition from contract to full time a little more transparent.