Microsoft - Grew with the business, from Program Manager to Senior Service Engineer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

"Grew with the business, from Program Manager to Senior Service Engineer."

Former Employee - Senior Service Engineer in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Senior Service Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Starting in a growth area of the company provided a lot of opportunity to work on high-value projects and to see the tangible results of my contributions, which was nice. Also being part of the incubation team allowed for good visibility to senior management and plenty of opportunity to grow and evolve my responsibilities over the years as the business grew.

Cons

In the early years (0-2), there was churn at the mid-management level (and also senior management level at times) as the group matured and different skillsets were required, which impacted morale and productivity during transitions. Teams felt pressurized occasionally due to the perceived impact of failing to land critical projects and/or growing the business (i.e. signing new customers).

Advice to Management

Automate, automate, automate

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. "great company for career advancement"

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

new technologies, many products to choose

Cons

need to fight bureaucracy, too much politics,

2. "Great place to work, but disconnected from reality."

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive comp, great benefits, smart people who at least try to be polite.

Cons

Grew into a bloated inefficient bureaucracy over the last 3 decades. It's still relevant, else the cool kids wouldn't still talk about the company as being irrelevant all the time. How many years does MS have to be headlined as "irrelevant"? Go play with your drioid..

Advice to Management

MS Culture is Complexity. Pervades everything we do - products, licensing, process, management, services. Ruthlessly make things simpler. We have good products - explain to me like I'm a 6 year old.