Microsoft - Research Intern | Glassdoor

"Research Intern"

Former Employee - Research Intern in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Research Intern in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The research internship program is really well-organized. There're housing, car rental and relocation subsidies, as well as internship only events.

Cons

No option for a return offer.

Advice to Management

Consider giving research interns options to work full-time after graduate.

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. "What an amazing company to work for !"

Former Employee - Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) in Washington, DC

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great technology, good pay, among the best health benefits, and very smart co-workers. I worked for Microsoft in its heyday and it will be the greatest company I've ever worked for.

Cons

In the past 5 years or so Microsoft has become a revenue focused company with licensing being the primary objective of customer interactions & employee measurement.

Advice to Management

In the EPG space your people and their relationships with Enterprise customers are your most valuable asset.

2. "Couldn't ask for more..."

Current Employee - Principal Test Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Principal Test Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work on well established software used worldwide or on small startup projects yet to be used by anyone. Opportunity to shift career across technologies and functional disciplines and limited only by your own imagination and drive. Each day you learn something new about and from one of your amazing coworkers from all over the world.

Cons

Outside perception within the industry about what Microsoft is all about.

Advice to Management

Keep working to enable the fantastic folks that work with and around you and continue to celebrate innovation and delivery of high value customer scenarios. Demand the type of continuous improvement from each of the divisions that we all expect and let our customers know the range of scenarios that we can light up for them and that we care about their business.