Microsoft - Microsoft - The future looks great and now is the best time to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

"Microsoft - The future looks great and now is the best time to work for"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Under CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft is going in the right direction. I believe the senior leadership is doing the right things, making the Engineering changes like combined Engineering model, less management chain and focusing on the core strengths. As an employee, I get less tangled in processes and am free to do my stuff without micro-management. Great work gets noticed by not only by my manager but all the way up to the VP level and rewards follow. I am provided opportunities to take on additional responsibilities which paves the way for professional growth.
Unlike other competitor companies, work-life balance is much better at Microsoft. I can manage to spend a lot of quality time with my family, take periodic vacations, and still maintain an Excellent rating at the performance reviews.

Cons

I don't have any cons to discuss at the moment but I am still not convinced about the Performance Review changes for 2014. We will get a better understanding by September 2014.

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. "A huge company with some amazing people doing brilliant things often bogged down with bureaucracy and bloat."

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products and services in so many places can make it a very exciting place to be. Training, benefits, PTO a plus.

Cons

Navigating such a large company can be a challenge. Some great leaders, but also so many mediocre managers who were promoted based on individual contributor successes.

Advice to Management

Old cowboy "me first" culture prevails - hoping new leadership will help create the collaborative culture needed to succeed.

2. "Brief but exciting"

Former Employee - Senior Premier Field Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Premier Field Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Total Compensation and work-life balance

Cons

When you leave you will have trouble finding the same level of compensation and benefits.

Advice to Management

N/A