Microsoft - Company tries hard to please employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

"Company tries hard to please employees"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Benefits are great! (100% paid, no payroll deduction or co-pays)
Stock awards are nice
Room for growth

Cons

Lack of communication from upper management
No backbone inside the company (hire ups don't stand up for things they know is a bad decision)

Advice to Management

during the "mid-year" review period, allow your employees to rate their upper management

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

"Avoid like a plague if going to QA dept of Tellme / Microsoft"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Microsoft as a whole is very good. Excellent benefits, big company job, lots of resources for training and such. One of the best health benefits I have come across.

Cons

If you are going to Tellme Division of Microsoft, I would recommend avoiding like a plague if you dont belong to the origin of the country where walmart outsources most of its merchandise.

Advice to Management

Diversity and promotion to multiple ethnicity in Tellme QA dept. Even HR acts as nothing is happening.

2. "Excellent work place"

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Redmond, WA

Pros

Working at Microsoft gave me a pretty good experience that you could get a chance to work with one of the brightest people.

Cons

Some business owners that I know doesn't know much of what they are doing, they are simply doing what they were told to do any never try to drive the overall growth of the company

Advice to Management

I think this reflect to my cons of working at Microsoft, I don't think everyone is so bright as you think and a lot of people are simply sitting on their ass and collecting salary. I think a business person needs to know a bit more about the technical side, as same as the enginneering team may want to know a bit more on the business side.