Microvision - Microvision is a great place! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Microvision

"Microvision is a great place!"

Current Employee - Not Telling As We Run So Thin A Job Title Would Give IT Away in Redmond, WA

Pros

The best reason to work at Microvision is the people. Everyone is very competent and driven. While this can be frustrating at times, it can also be quite inspirational. The next best reason is the technology. The technology that Microvision has is amazing and is sure to revolutionize the display industry.

Cons

Some of the downsides to working at Microvision is that Senior Management is not very good at communicating down to the regular employees. It's a bit embarrassing having a relative call me about a press release that I hadn't heard because we don't say anything internally. I think it was almost two months before they announced a huge sale of bar code scanners to the rest of the company. When all you are selling is one product at the moment those kinds of wins help pick people up!

One other big downside is that much of the company needs to switch their thinking from how they were before. I've never worked at a place that actually sold something that had so many barriers in place to finishing a sale, so many signatures are needed and physical pieces of paper need to go places, it's very inefficient. There are definite growing pains here as the company goes from an R & D house to a company that actually sells consumer products.

One final downside is that we are running very lean on people so often times you have to do things that are completely outside of your scope. While this is good at times, sometimes it feels like you get setup for failure.

Advice to Management

I would urge Senior Management to celebrate the wins when they happen. Also if there's news going out, even if it's "non news" let the rest of the company know so we don't look stupid when people ask us about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Microvision

"CEO AND CFO need TO BE REPPLACED NOW."

Current Employee - IT/Telecom Business Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Microvision (More than 10 years)

Pros

you must be blind and mute to work for this company. other than that, no pros in my book.

Cons

lack of communication from management, hiding behind NDA's while robbing investors.

Advice to Management

get rid of the CEO AND CFO. they keep awarding themselves with 10's of 1000's shares, while investors losing money day after day.

2. "Good technology, slow strategy"

Pros

Good technology. Lots of scope for invention and good support from management to create.

Cons

A culture of being very reactive in product design and not a proactive one.