Mid-Atlantic ProTel - Has their ups and downs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mid-Atlantic ProTel

"Has their ups and downs"

Former Employee - Telephone Operator in Martinsburg, WV
Former Employee - Telephone Operator in Martinsburg, WV

Pros

They are a small family owned and operated company but they did have one of the best benefit packages I have ever received in a company of their size. Extremely inexpensive employee cell phone plan and the best health insurance I've ever received. They do promote from within for management openings so it would be a great place for somebody to break into management.

Cons

Management takes micromanagement to the extreme. Their PTO and attendance policy is very unforgiving. They provide a miniscule amount of PTO to be used for vacation time and sick time, but penalize you if you attempt to use PTO without prior authorization and approval for things such as emergencies and illness. Those with families should think twice before applying because they are not flexible when it comes to family emergencies.

Advice to Management

First of all, treat your employees fairly and equally. Understand that your employees lives revolve around their families first, then your company second.

Other Employee Reviews for Mid-Atlantic ProTel

1. "Family Oriented"

Pros

The employee s I worked with made it worth coming to work every day

Cons

Stressful sales job but very good pay

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Mid-Atlantic ProTel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The position for the most part is extremely laid back. During days when it is not busy, I can play on my phone, use the tablets, watch Netflix, eat snacks, etc. The coworkers are really cool and the store manager is fun. It's easy money. The benefits are decent. Dental sucks but medical is good.

Cons

Even though it is easy money, it is nowhere near enough money. The commission structure is a joke and is constantly changing. I've watched many people come and go because the pay is so low. I've even seen people interview for the position, get offered the job, and turn it down once they heard the wages. There is very little advancement opportunities. Store managers are some times brought from outside rather than within. Favoritism is an issue. Micro management also. Working with the general public is a nightmare at times. It's amazing how rude some people are.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR PEOPLE! We are the front line of your operation. We push the sales, we deal with the public, we do everything for your company but yet we are returned with paychecks that cause us to struggle. Myself and many other employees I've talked to are currently pursuing other career options. We have found companies who will pay us what we are worth since you will not. When you take care of your employees your employees will take care of your customers.