Mid-Continent Public Library - A great, low stress job | Glassdoor
  1. "A great, low stress job"

Former Employee - Library Page in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at Mid-Continent Public Library part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This was the first job I had and while it was just a part time, entry level job I kept through college, I really loved it. I remember in high school, my friends all telling me their horror stories from their jobs in fast food places or retail and I really wanted to avoid that. Working at the library was so nice. The work was easy and the people were really great, the hours were flexible and overall it was a great work environment that I would highly recommend.

Cons

If you get numbers or letters mixed up easily, or you don't like repetitive tasks like shelving books, this might not be the job for you.

Mid-Continent Public Library2019-03-04

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Library Page"

I worked at Mid-Continent Public Library

Pros

My co-workers were friendly and helped me out a lot as this was my first job in the field.

Cons

Adjusting to different shift schedules

Continue reading
    Mid-Continent Public Library2019-11-15
  2. "Great company, Bad individuals."

Former Employee - Library Page in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Mid-Continent Public Library part-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, great sense of community values among MCPL as a whole. Pay is also good for a page position.

Cons

Individual managers can be abrasive. There is a lot of bad talking other branches, talking behind customers, and I would assume employees, backs and rudeness that comes from management and fellow employees. There is also a lot of paperwork required while off the clock, and hours are limited to 16 a week.

Continue reading
    Mid-Continent Public Library2020-04-05

Discover more reviews about Mid-Continent Public Library.