MidWest Expansion Group - Midwest Expansion Group is a great place to start & build your career! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MidWest Expansion Group

"Midwest Expansion Group is a great place to start & build your career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at MidWest Expansion Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunity
Travel
100% Promotions from within
Management Training Program

Cons

You have to be driven & committed and ready for a career to make this work.

Other Employee Reviews for MidWest Expansion Group

1. "Good opportunity for the right person"

Former Employee - In Store Marketing Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - In Store Marketing Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MidWest Expansion Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Midwest for about 4 months. I enjoyed my time there as I learned many new skill sets. I was placed on the DTV campaign and made it through training to become a retail marketing/sales rep. during my employment I saw 2 team leaders get promoted to run their own office. One team leader was my trainer and she has become very successful running her own location. I never had a problem with management or compensation. Many reps made well over $1000 per week.

Cons

Although they hire for entry level marketing reps, they will not keep employees who just want to sell DTV. I lost my opportunity because I did not advance fast enough to become a trainer along with some car problems at the time.

Advice to Management

wish they would give people a little more time to make it through training. Thankful for the reference letter after I was let go. It helped me start my new career!

2. "A horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Plymouth, MN

I worked at MidWest Expansion Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no real pros for working for this company besides the hours are reasonable.

Cons

They sell you in the interview process that there are chances to move up within the company, you don't know exactly what product you are selling until training starts, they say they are not door to door, but they will move to a "canvasing" position if you are not progressing fast enough within a week. At times you are legitimately harassing people in retail stores. I worked with this company until I found something better and asked to be released. It took them over 2 months to send me my paycheck and when they did it did not accurately reflect the amount of hours and time I worked for them. The manager is always late. When you are asked to be at the office at 11 o'clock, they will show up 30 minutes after.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your workers and there want be so much turnover within your organization. Be more organized and stop being late. This reflects poorly on your business.