Midland Memorial Hospital - rn | Glassdoor

"rn"

Current Employee - Nurse in Midland, TX
Current Employee - Nurse in Midland, TX

Pros

great people, great location happy here

Cons

need better communication with workers

Advice to Management

happy with what you are doing here

Other Employee Reviews for Midland Memorial Hospital

1. "Great Place"

I have been working at Midland Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for MMH, the culture is truly evolving into one that you are proud to be apart of. Co-workers and employees from other departments say hello when passing by in the hallways or waiting in line at the coffee shop. There are advancement opportunities within the departments and throughout the hospital. You don't have to wait long for benefits to kick in, PTO is fantastic, and they offer things like tuition assistance. This really is a great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Amazing organization"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Midland Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been at Midland Memorial for almost a decade, and in that time I have seen the incredible growth of the organization. I am a nurse and active in many state and national organizations, where I can see MMH is far above average in technology and practice. The leadership team is great and I enjoy working with all my co-workers. I really enjoy the work with the culture of ownership and the motto of "proceed until apprehended". This allows me to make decisions on my own and I know leadership has my back if I am doing what I think is right. Many of my co-workers have never worked anywhere else, so they don't know what it's like to work for a bad organization. I have worked for some bad organizations, and that's why I appreciate what MMH is doing.

Cons

West Texas is hard to get nurses and staff to stay. Everything revolves around the price of oil, so when it goes down, everyone leaves the area. Fully staffing the units is a challenge, but I hear that the HR team has a lot of things in the works to try and fill those spots.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent in recruitment and retention efforts. Keep up the good work and be proud of how far we have come as an organization. We still have some bitter nurses in the organization that need to leave, but they do not represent the majority.