Milestone Internet Marketing - Great to be around so many talented people. You can learn a lot from this financially successful business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

"Great to be around so many talented people. You can learn a lot from this financially successful business"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, very motivated and challenging environment. Things move at a fast pace and you learn a lot, quickly.

Relatively flat organization, employees are encouraged and empowered to take initiatives, company is full of wonderful people and ideas.

Personally, I was able to work on a lot of things I wanted to do, and was encouraged to pursue my goals. Being able to experiment with different strategies in my job is the reason why I continue to work with the company.

Cons

Could use more recreational events and activities, such as joining coordinated sports leagues.

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

"Amazing learning & career opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• Great learning opportunities: Full SEO training that you typically can’t get anywhere else. Some exposure to social media marketing and PPC. You become familiar with all aspects of Online Marketing.
    • Growing company with many career opportunities: I’ve been here three years and have been rewarded for my hard work via various opportunities. You can't get these types of opportunities in big companies. You will get out of Milestone what you put in.
    • Amazing Talented Team: All employees are always willing to help others. Very supportive environment. Honestly, the best team that I have ever worked with.

Cons

• Company moves really quickly, so you have to be nimble and flexible in all aspects. Not really a con but for those that fear change and/or don’t embrace a dynamic culture, then this is probably not the place for you.

"Not a great company - but great coworkers"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other account managers are very nice and friendly. These guys are SEO rockstars! You'll make some great friends while you refine your trade.

Cons

* Upper Management is very strict with their Account Managers.

* You will be expected to always keep office hours, don't think about skipping out on Friday at 4:45... you're not allowed.

* You'll be expected to work more than 40 hours a week. On a salary pay, this is fine except they don't let you acquire comp hours.

* The work can be very repetitive at times. Filling out the exact same ROI report for 50 accounts, doing the same linkbuilding for 50 plus accounts, and so forth.

* There are LOTS of meetings!

* The bay area is full of jobs with lots of cool perks, gym memberships, free food, etc... this isn't one of them. They occasionally do little parties, but the culture there is so "Forced" it didn't really feel natural or fun (At least for me)

* Super high turn over! Seriously have never seen people move in and out of a job so fast. Management will tell you that these people couldn't cut it.. and that makes you more dedicated than they are, blah blah, blah. Management (Benu) will often tell you just how lucky you are to be working there and given SO many opportunities! For me, I had trouble drinking the kool aid, but maybe that works for some folks.

* There is some serious favoritism going on here. I've always been a very hard worker, but never a cool kid. So I was never on the "Dream team". Not being bitter here, it just seemed a little high schoolish.

* So about half way into my time at Milestone, the CEO brought in a "Leadership Skills Trainer". This consisted of a series of lectures on how to be an effective leader. The presenter came in something like once a week, for 6 weeks, for a 3-4 hour presentation each time. This in itself is a good thing to do for your employees. The problem is they paid for about 25 account managers to attend, but they had 30 account managers on staff. So myself, and 4 others were told that we simply didn't possess any leadership ability at the time, but maybe down the road there would be other opportunities to prove our leadership. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to have almost the ENTIRE company in a room for a presentation that you were deemed not worthy to sit in??? It's very uncomfortable.... That's when I decided to quit.

Advice to Management

It would help with turnover if you built a less stressful culture for the account managers.