Milestone Internet Marketing - Good opportunity for quick growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

"Good opportunity for quick growth"

Current Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of room for quick growth at this organization. If you need more experience under your belt, you will learn a lot in a short time. If you have more experience, put in the work and you'll be noticed.

Sure, there are a lot of negative reviews on here, but you get out of this place what you put in. Work hard and reap the rewards.

Also - great co-workers!

Cons

The workload can vary day to day. Learn to switch gears quickly and multitask to succeed.

Advice to Management

Focus more energy on employee wellness (based on other reviews)

Mar 20, 2014 – Director of Social Media

Thank you for your comments. We definitely encourage learning, and try to reward hard work with growth opportunities. If you have ideas on how we can continue to focus on employee wellness please... More

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Internet Marketing

"Terrible place to work. Avoid Milestone if you value your sanity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

They hire well. Co-workers are nice people and generally supportive of each other.
    Free breakfast on Fridays.

Cons

Unreasonable work load per account manager. Service to clients suffers because each account manager has too many accounts to really do a good job for any of their clients.

Gossip, gossip, gossip, among upper management! Management will gossip among themselves and with employees about other employees. This is unprofessional and demoralizing.

Milestone is totally lacking in a sold internal structure. Account managers spend more time tracking down information that should be readily available to them. This is frustrating for the account managers.

Very low morale. People quit every month at this place.

Serious micromanagement. Account managers spend more time filling out silly repetitive spreadsheets than doing actual work that might benefit their customers just to prove that they are doing their jobs.

Clients are often unhappy because of the high turn-over at Milestone. Some clients have had more than 3 different account managers within a year. When clients are upset, yelling and swearing at their account manager, the account managers are expected by management to take the abuse.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to these reviews. Invest in employee wellness. Stop gossiping with each other about your employees and start to address the problems in your company. If you treat your people better, you will have less turn-over and provide much better service to your clients.

Apr 3, 2014 – Senior Director of Clients Services

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction – and that of your coworkers – is very important to us, and we strongly urge you to discuss your concerns with your manager. If you do not feel... More

"The Chicago Office Needs Help"

Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chicago Office:
    Coworkers: You will love your coworkers! Your coworkers are understanding because you're all on the same boat and are going through the same things.
    Mini Perks: Free breakfast on Fridays and quarterly outings.

Cons

Chicago Office:
    Leadership: Chicago Upper Management is dismissive of ideas/suggestions, gives new employees too many accounts too soon, doesn't inspire or motivate their employees to do well. There is way too much gossiping all day long... The whispering and gossiping every day about other employees and clients is unprofessional and brings down the company culture.
    Training: The training program means you sit in on a conference call with someone in California or you watch videos. It's not a real program. There are no schedules, no manuals, and no training materials at all. There isn't a anything you can refer to if you have questions. You have to ask people and you're made to feel dumb by Chicago Upper Management.
    Benefits: You only get 10 vacation days. There are basically no benefits provided.
    Company as a whole:
    There are weekly meetings that are a complete waste of time.
    Processes are always being changed and everyone is always being retrained on the new processes.
    There are so many redundant spreadsheets and checklists!
    It takes forever to get documents your client requests or sales quotes or contracts or refunds for incorrect billing, etc.

Advice to Management

Leadership: I would recommend getting help in Chicago; we need someone with a background in internet search/SEO/eMarketing, and someone who has experience successfully leading a team in this industry!
    The Chicago office feels stranded because we aren't allowed to reach out to people in the California office for answers or assistance.
    Office Life: The office is really gross. Half of the office is freezing because there isn't a heater, half of the office has really small, ridiculously old desks. The kitchen and bathrooms are gross and rundown.
    There are always issues with the office regarding things not working. If too many things are plugged in, it sets off the circuit box and the lights turn off. The elevator is so old, it doesn't work on days it's freezing or hot outside. I would recommend investing in a better office that is cleaner, safer, and warmer.

Apr 15, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your time with Milestone. We agree with your comment on our employees as we feel they are best in class. In addition to the paid... More