Milestone Management - Some good and some bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Management

"Some good and some bad"

Current Employee - Maintenance
Current Employee - Maintenance

Pros

The company has some good benefits like 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years.
Company offers 401k.

Cons

May be asked to work for free and lose money on call when paying for gas.
Managers have little or no formal training before they are move up.
 Owner tours are every 2 to 3 weeks and everything is dropped to impress them.
The company as a whole does not value their employees.
Employees are regularly fired for little to no reason.
Never found an employee that thought that the company was great to work for.

Advice to Management

Value your employees; they are not disposable pieces of trash or just a number. Your employees are the ones that have made you look good. I worked for the company for 7 years and after dealing with your upper management I have came to this conclusion the upper management does not care anything about their employees. They strive on using a person up and discarding them, this is hurting your company as a whole and given the company a bad reputation with employees. After trying for many months to talk to upper management I came to the conclusion that I was never going to get heard. I rather work for another company making less money than work for this company which is unfortunately sad because I live pay check to pay check. In the end though I ‘am much happier to cut a few things out of my life than to work for your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Management

"Good company to work for, but could use a little tweaking here and there..."

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Milestone Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable, good bonus structure, willing to invest in their communities, not afraid of technology.

Cons

Upper management tends to micro-manage, required to use system support for the smallest corrections that can easily be made onsite, too many people to tell you when you mess up, forced to work some holidays when other companies (and Milestone corporate) are closed (Memorial Day, for example), some offices are understaffed which effects productivity

Advice to Management

1. Invest in more staff. 280+ unit communities NEED 2 full time consultants. Don't go by "industry standards" on everything. Those standards are decades old.
    2. Offer training to your staff that want to move up within Milestone. There are people who want to work in other areas, but how often would a maintenance tech get the opportunity to transition to an office position, or an office person transition to work in corporate? Maybe some staff want to work on the development side. You have the ability to teach so much about development and other divisions of property management, but your employees feel stuck with little to no chance to use their skills you don't know about.
    3. Give back to the employees. Once a year, let employees close the office to let them feel appreciated (and I don't mean just for Christmas... that should be expected). Little things like that go a long way. Small investment = great return.

2. "Maintenance tech"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Nashville, TN

I worked at Milestone Management full-time

Pros

There are no Pros just a lot of cons

Cons

One of the worst management corporations I ever worked for all they do is lie to their employees

Advice to Management

Need to look into some of the properties that you are managing and have people stop lying to their employees