Milestone Promotions - I was employed with Milestone for a little over a year, and promoted within my first 6 months | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Promotions

"I was employed with Milestone for a little over a year, and promoted within my first 6 months"

Former Employee - Event Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Event Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Milestone Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a recent college graduate when I started at Milestone, and I really value the opportunity, knowledge, and experience I was able to gain there. Not only was I was given the chance to advance into management within only a few months, but everyone that works at Milestone is incredibly friendly, and encouraging. The management really tries to help out in anyway possible, and there's no comparison to the training, and networking opportunities the company provides. Another thing I really liked is that the president of the company is very understanding of a work-life balance, and tries to ensure that the workload is not overwhelming.She also treats everyone as an equal, and doesn't create a sense of superiority. She pretty much has an open door policy and makes it very easy to approach her with problems, or concerns. I would recommend this company to anyone who is a go-getter, and who has the desire to learn a lot, advance, and make lots of money! It's a great opportunity for anyone who is a recent college grad., or who wants a career change.

Cons

I cant' say that I have any negatives. This company truly sent me flying in the right direction for a successful future. In addition to that, the President is such a great person, and I learned so much about how to run a business from her. The only reason I left was because I married someone in the military and he was relocated to another state.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Promotions

"This is NOT a PR/advertising Job, Its a SALES JOB!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Milestone Promotions part-time

Pros

Its a job that pays you based on performance. Nothing special. If you need some money you can make a decent amount if your OK with a humiliating job. Good money on the weekends (if you want to work F/S/Su)

Cons

As I stated this is definitely NOT an Advertising or PR or Branding job. It is a Sales job. You stand in big box stores hocking products at every customer passing buy. They teach you the "numbers game" of sales and want you to pitch every person who walks by. Who wants to stand in a Sams club and sell "Balance Bands" or Diet products. What a Joke of a job.If you have a degree STAY AWAY!!! Management will try and convince you this is a career but its just a crappy job. My guess is the manager wrote those other reviews to keep applicants from being scared away. don't be fooled its just like every other job on the job boards out there.

Advice to Management

Don't try and fluff up the job description that anyone who has a heartbeat can perform. I was embarrassed to say that I had a degree and worked for this company. The morning Hoo-rah meetings are cheesy and unnecessary. The 90's pump up sales meeting went away with technology, but hey, if it works for you keep at it.

2. "Amazing Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Milestone Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for several different companies including Target and Bank of America. None have ever offered such a positive and team-oriented work environment. All promotion is internal so hard work is rewarded, which is an EXTREMELY pleasant change from previous employers. The opportunity for growth is endless and the owner is supportive and a positive leader working just as hard as her entry-level trainees. Relocating for this job was the best decision I ever made! If you like challenging, fast-paced and positive work environments with rapid growth opportunity, this is the company for you.

Cons

The only challenge I've faced have been how far I'm willing/able to push myself on a daily basis.