Milestone - Great to be around so many talented people. You can learn a lot from this financially successful business | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Milestone

"Great to be around so many talented people. You can learn a lot from this financially successful business"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, very motivated and challenging environment. Things move at a fast pace and you learn a lot, quickly.

Relatively flat organization, employees are encouraged and empowered to take initiatives, company is full of wonderful people and ideas.

Personally, I was able to work on a lot of things I wanted to do, and was encouraged to pursue my goals. Being able to experiment with different strategies in my job is the reason why I continue to work with the company.

Cons

Could use more recreational events and activities, such as joining coordinated sports leagues.

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone

"Not a great company - but great coworkers"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other account managers are very nice and friendly. These guys are SEO rockstars! You'll make some great friends while you refine your trade.

Cons

* Upper Management is very strict with their Account Managers.

* You will be expected to always keep office hours, don't think about skipping out on Friday at 4:45... you're not allowed.

* You'll be expected to work more than 40 hours a week. On a salary pay, this is fine except they don't let you acquire comp hours.

* The work can be very repetitive at times. Filling out the exact same ROI report for 50 accounts, doing the same linkbuilding for 50 plus accounts, and so forth.

* There are LOTS of meetings!

* The bay area is full of jobs with lots of cool perks, gym memberships, free food, etc... this isn't one of them. They occasionally do little parties, but the culture there is so "Forced" it didn't really feel natural or fun (At least for me)

* Super high turn over! Seriously have never seen people move in and out of a job so fast. Management will tell you that these people couldn't cut it.. and that makes you more dedicated than they are, blah blah, blah. Management (Benu) will often tell you just how lucky you are to be working there and given SO many opportunities! For me, I had trouble drinking the kool aid, but maybe that works for some folks.

* There is some serious favoritism going on here. I've always been a very hard worker, but never a cool kid. So I was never on the "Dream team". Not being bitter here, it just seemed a little high schoolish.

* So about half way into my time at Milestone, the CEO brought in a "Leadership Skills Trainer". This consisted of a series of lectures on how to be an effective leader. The presenter came in something like once a week, for 6 weeks, for a 3-4 hour presentation each time. This in itself is a good thing to do for your employees. The problem is they paid for about 25 account managers to attend, but they had 30 account managers on staff. So myself, and 4 others were told that we simply didn't possess any leadership ability at the time, but maybe down the road there would be other opportunities to prove our leadership. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to have almost the ENTIRE company in a room for a presentation that you were deemed not worthy to sit in??? It's very uncomfortable.... That's when I decided to quit.

Advice to Management

It would help with turnover if you built a less stressful culture for the account managers.

"Learned a lot, but not worth the pain, stress and toxic environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

At Milestone Internet Marketing, you can learn a lot if you are willing to put in a lot of time and effort and work after hours.

You can learn a lot about SEO and PPC campaigns and see direct results on many sites.

You can learn all the details that go into building an SEO friendly site and how to get top ranking on search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.

You will learn how to do targeted e-mail campaigns, track and report ROI and use content management systems.

Cons

Lots of tedious tasks.

Too many clients per account manager.

Senior management is emotional and often yells at staff and leads by fear.

Management is very controlling, rude and there is no work/life balance.

Expectation is that you do everything perfectly or they will find someone who will not only be smarter and better, but will work for less money and not complain.

This is a small start-up company that has a great formula for their business, but no idea how to manage or deal with people unless they are submissive and do as told, keep their head down type.

Expectation is that you will work late nights every night of the week.

Management plays favorites to certain team members and a lot of people are told they are not good enough and this creates a very toxic environment. People are made to feel like other staff members will talk behind their back, so no one should talk to anyone or eat lunch together etc.

High turnover in staff because of the above mentioned.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your staff and don't make employees try to turn against each other. You created the toxic, lead by fear environment, hence you get high turnover, un-happy staff and an un-happy company.