Milestone - If you need experience, this is your company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone

"If you need experience, this is your company!"

Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning environment if you need experience.
Endless opportunities to learn and grow within the company very very fast BUT you need to have positive attitude and go-getter mentality.
Opportunity to obtain many transferable skills including account management, project management and SEO.
Opportunity to learn about latest technology and tools
Great quarterly events, Friday's breakfast and happy hour, company picnic and holiday party.
After Milestone, any other job will be a piece of cake.

Cons

High employee turnover rate
High workload but manageable if you or your manager know(s) how to prioritize
Lots of process changes (expected at a startup level)

Advice to Management

Develop your middle management, so that they can inspire and help Account Managers.
Increase pay
Motivate people

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Milestone full-time

Pros

Free breakfasts on Friday mornings. The Christmas party was nice. Other than that.... what a disaster.

Cons

Oh, wow, where to start? Most reviews here have already covered it. When I was hired, I was promised health care from day 1. What a farce as it does take time to set up. Still, it was fairly quick (I waited a month -- most wait 3 or more months), but my DOB was messed up and that caused headaches from the start! I was one of the lucky few to get fired from this place (really a blessing in disguise, though it was mighty embarrassing at the time), but wow... not even when it was time for my W4 to arrive did Milestone get that right! I had moved during my short stint and had provided my change of address, but wow... even that didn't register right. I think it's probably due to the fact that most people are running around there like chickens with their heads cut off.... too much to do to really focus on any task at hand. Yes, the attitude here among most workers is incredibly negative and you do feel a sense of gloom and doom the minute you walk in the door.

Training? Maybe some account managers got training, but I never did and therefore... I was let go. It was crazy as I really wanted to learn the business, but no one had the bandwidth to show me things and I was "senior level" and therefore expected to read minds and just grasp things at a moment's notice. Give me a break! In actuality... working at Milestone gave me the nudge I needed to leave the Bay area and get a job with saner working hours and a lower cost of living. I feel for all the folks still there.

Is the turnover as bad as people say it is? You better believe it. In my 6 weeks there, I saw 2-3 people leave per week!!!!

Advice to Management

Pay people Bay area salaries! Don't expect people to work 70 hour weeks for crappy pay and still have a go-getter and positive attitude.

"MOST Unprofessional and Reward-less Job - TOXIC Workplace!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- SEO knowledge buy you can learn that anywhere. The toxic environment is not worth the knowledge you gain

Cons

VERY poor management by President that trickles down to mid-level management, ZERO concern for employees life-work balance or work load, a lot of politics, playing games, very low company morale and very high employee turnover. Work load is just insane not normal - easily plan to put in 70+ hours per week without any acknowledgment or compensation to match it. Be prepared to be humiliated, insulted for small things in front of everyone and being called names.

Advice to Management

Stop monitoring glassdoor reviews everyday and adding fake ones with 4 or 5 stars instead wake up and fix the issues - you already know what they are! If you can't manage it, then own it and get some outside help