Milestone Technologies - Outside of meeting some good individuals, my overall experience at this company was not good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Technologies

"Outside of meeting some good individuals, my overall experience at this company was not good."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly flexible hours; you're free to work at home as long as your results are there. Technical expertise is good and getting better.

Cons

A very uncertain environment. Sales Managers manage by threat and intimidation and very obviously support favorites; everyone is not treated equally. The best opportunities are handed to picked individuals to ensure their success and financial reward. The atmosphere is very tense and suspicious; and frustration abounds. Very rarely, if ever, do you hear anyone saying anything good about their job or the company. Very little training and unreasonable expectations. Very little trust or confidence in management.

Advice to Management

Wake up and pay attention to the concerns of your people. Realize that everyone is on the same team deserving of support. Compete with your competitors, not each other.

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Technologies

"Some Pros/Many Cons"

Former Employee - IT Technnician in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - IT Technnician in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent exposure to name brand companies. Other employees can be very pleasant, easy to work with. Off-site assignments are fun.

Cons

Very little direction in terms of management. The management has little to no understanding of what it means to 'coach' employees towards success. Within IT especially at Facebook, it can be extremely political. Very weed-and-feed attitude. In the 8 months I worked there, I saw a high turnover ratio; that speaks volumes in itself. My direct manager had no idea what he expected of me, nor how he could be resourceful towards helping me achieve my goals. Overall the experience was OK. I wouldn't recommend them to any ambitions young professional.

Advice to Management

Try to promote and retain your employees. Play less politics, and incorporate ALL employees.

"Bad"

Former Employee - IT Relocation
    Former Employee - IT Relocation

I worked at Milestone Technologies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got placed in some very well known companies in the Bay Area. The work was easy and painless. The big projects had a consistent schedule too.

Cons

I disliked how the recruiters flat out lied to you. They would say the project would be at least 6 hours for both days and when I got there it would only be 2 hours then 2.5 hours the next day. I wasted more gas on the commute than the money was made. If they reimbursed for mileage, I wouldn't have an issue with this but they didn't.

I can't speak for their contracts as I never got put on them.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the length of projects. Some people have to commute and you're wasting their time and money just for a job that is less hours than you said.