Milestone Technologies - Customer Support Representative for Milestone Technologies | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milestone Technologies

"Customer Support Representative for Milestone Technologies"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was part of an awesome team made up of highly motivated individuals, received premium call center training and experience, worked on a high end project at one of the biggest tech companies in the world, and qualified for benefits.

Cons

Disorganized when it comes to switching employees over to new projects.

Optimism with opportunities for alternate projects was over extended.

Pay was OK (but low income by geographic standards).

Project abruptly came to an end.

Mandatory work on holidays making work/life balance difficult to maintain.

Had to take a step back career wise when moving to a new project.

Most coworkers (myself included) did not receive an annual raise.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees like they take care of your client's customers!

Be upfront and realistic with employee opportunities when on-boarding new hires.

Other Employee Reviews for Milestone Technologies

"Unpleasant and stressful working environment"

Former Employee - Service Desk Tech in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Service Desk Tech in Chico, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent, for Chico. Most of the people I worked with were great and lots of fun to work with. Everyone was in the same boat, which made the job more bearable.

Cons

The job was highly stressful in the end. They made lots of promises, but in the end many of them were clearly untrue. The combination of sick time and vacation time was not mentioned during the hiring process (it was said that there would be both), and once the job actually started it was clear that things were not going to be like we were told. Once out on the floor it was clear that no one, including the lower level management, had any idea on how to do their jobs. The QA team were useless, and half of the job of the people on the floor was critiquing the QA given to us since they would do it wrong. It seemed like there was a disconnect between the agents on the floor and those who make the policies. Because of this, changes that needed to be made for the sake of agents would take forever to make it through the various levels of bureaucracy and when the policies would finally be made they would be hardly helpful for those who actually had to deal with the problems. Combine all this with a management style that was obviously clique-y and not based on performance and it was hard to ever leave the place feeling noticed for doing your job and doing it well unless you advertised yourself in the same way that those who had the right friends in management would. Most of the opportunities they promised to us lost their appeal when we went through a huge set of layoffs that pretty much changed the atmosphere of the place to one of fear right off the bat. Top it all off, when I left they refused to send me an exit interview that they promised to send me to even give them feedback. It doesn't appear they particularly care about their lowest level workers, since they know in Chico they will always be able to find new workers to use.

Advice to Management

Be more receptive to agents. Find new policies to stop employee turnover (which I understand has increased from what it was when I left, and it was already high). Before long the only employees left will be those with no ambition, or those who are stuck at this job due to lack of other opportunities. The company is going to lose all the people who can get away it seems.

2. "Alright. Benefits are eh."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

If you're employed at a high profile company you get their perks too and you gain experience in developing technology. They offer medical but you pay some out of each paycheck.

Cons

They DO NOT match on 401k which is not great if they plan on keeping their staff for a long time. No room to grow if you can't have a promising retirement. The company is growing but the benefits aren't.

Advice to Management

Great communication with management.