Milgard Manufacturing - Wonderful place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Milgard Manufacturing

"Wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

Compared to where I have worked in the past, very good team work. A sense of family and we are all in it together vs brutal corporate environment. Great people to work with.

Cons

Difficult past few years with downturn in housing. Pay and benefits have taken a hit.

Other Employee Reviews for Milgard Manufacturing

"Once a great place to be. Now just a job."

Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Tacoma, WA

Pros

The people. There are some really good people in the organization. That are the reason that we come to work every day and keep making the effort while we wait for market conditions to improve.

Cons

As others have said, directionless. Cost cutting is not a strategy. After so many rounds of cost cutting and "right sizings" moral is in the pits and everyone is pretty much on edge all the time waiting for the axe to fall on them. We are no longer playing to win, we are just playing to delay losing for as long as possible.

Advice to Management

Give us something to believe in. Give us a positive mission and support it for more than six months. We are all getting a bit tired of the too frequent changes in direction - we get 80% of the way to our goal and then the goal is changed and we sprint off on another mad dash to nowhere.

2. "Milgard cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Milgard treats their employees fairly and provides a chance to grow with the company. They are concerned about safety and build a quality product with great service.

Cons

Slowdown in the building sector has created the need for creative ideas to provide qualtiy products at competitive prices. The company has made good buisiness improvements, but in order to keep costs down, many positions have been lost.